Monday, January 23, 2017

Here Be Dragons



From now on we’re in uncharted waters. Nobody knows what’s going to happen, least of all the dipshit we swore in the other day. By the way, I’m going to do my best never to mention his name because, as me sainted Mum used to say, “That’s just what he wants.” My wife Cynthia came up with the best I’ve heard yet so henceforth in this space he who shall not be mentioned will be referred to as SCROTUS. 

Three days in, now, and while the outcome might be in question, the theme of the current administration is undoubtedly #alternative facts. Mendacity is part of SCROTUS’ DNA but I’m wondering what goes on in a person's mind when they stand up in front of the whole world  and repeat what they know to be complete bullshit. Maybe we’ll find out over the next 4 years because it’s going to happen a lot.

Which brings up another subject - Will this administration last 4 years? Probably not. Right now SCROTUS  is useful to the Republicans. He’s flying high cover and as long as everyone’s focused on whatever stupid shit he and his minions are doing/saying this time, the GOP controlled Congress, and soon to be controlled Supreme Court, can do whatever they want while flying under the radar.

For instance: Did you know that on January 3, this year, Mike D. Rogers (R-AL), introduced H.R.193, the American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2017? Neither did I. What this law, which I hope has no chance of even getting out of committee, does is to sever all U.S. ties with the United Nations and kick the whole organization out of the United States. I found out about this from a blog. A search of both the New York Times and Washington Post websites for came up negative.

So anything can happen in the next four years - anything. I wouldn’t rule out either impeachment or a coup d’etat. SCROTUS is packing his cabinet with ex-generals and military people and one in particular, Mike Flynn, is particularly fucked up.


Mostly I think one of two things is most likely - impeachment or at some point he says, “You know what? Fuck it, I quit.” And nobody will stand in the way, least of all Republicans. In fact, once they’ve gotten as much use out of SCROTUS as they think they can get, they’ll probably start the ball rolling. Then Pence and the rest of the Christian right will be free to do as they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment